Evidian E-SSO provides the solution to the following common issues facing NHS trusts:
• Can you extend the use of your CfH SmartCards to securely login to local applications?
• Can you utilise your existing AD infrastructure to deploy single sign on?
• Can clinicians ‘fast user switch’ access to patient data without restarting the Windows session?
Evidian's E-SSO solution is the choice for a growing a number of NHS trusts, for the following key reasons:
• Integration with the CfH smartcard
• Integration with their existing AD infrastructure, leveraging the scalability, resilience and security within AD.
• Fast User Switching – enabling clinicians to gain secure access to patient data without changing the windows session
• Licensing model based on PCs rather than Users
• Providing SSO for mobile data access
• Microsoft's preferred SSO solution
Daniel Meyer, Microsoft’s Identity Management Lead EMEA, says“Evidian’s E-SSO further extends the capabilities of Microsoft’s ILM offering, providing our customers a best of breed Desktop/Enterprise Single Sign On solution, by utilising the existing availability, resilience and security of Active Directory.”
“This approach removes the cost of introducing and managing new infrastructure therefore delivering rapid ROI to our customers”
How Evidian’s E-SSO works
Evidian’s E-SSO collects users’ credentials and stores them securely within the organisation’s AD, presents them to the various applications in the system and maintains them (instead of the user having to do so), implementing a strong password policy whilst operating in synergy with the CfH Smart Card.
Solving the mobile data problem
Part of the value of implementing E-SSO is removing the need for user to manage or even know their passwords for target applications; however this causes a major problem when users need to access a web application from a browser on a mobile device such as a PDA or BlackBerry, with no SSO client installed.
With Evidian Mobile E-SSO, users may connect securely to their web applications, for example NHSMail, from any external PDA or PCs browser via a web portal. Mobile E-SSO enforces the security policy and decreases the cost of administration using the same repository.
Evidian Case Study
To secure and improve access to patient data, the Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust has decided to deploy Evidian’s authentication and single sign-on solution to protect its healthcare applications.
For read the full report, feel free to click here to download the case study.